Sunday, 31 May 2009

"Do not stop doing going to others".

  The Words spoken are vividly planted in my thoughts. I was asking GOD what HE has to say about this. I heard of this verse before and I had to search my thoughts for awhile – then a prompting came that it might be in 2 Corinthians. I flip open my bible to 2 Corinthians and there it is - the page I need to find where my verse:

 

2 Corinthians 9:7-9

 
"You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. "For God loves a person who gives cheerfully." And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. As the Scriptures say,

   

"They share freely and give generously to the poor.
      Their good deeds will be remembered forever."

 

This verse coincides what my thought were when I was deciphering what GOD has told me, "Do not stop doing good to others."

 

We were taught to 'do good; to others since we are young. As Christians, the emphasis of 'doing good' is even more evident. Many of us have been driven by notion whereby, by doing good deeds, we are to be blessed by GOD– and, indeed this is very true, GOD will bless us for 'doing good' and as an added bonus to that and coupled by the faith we have, we know that maybe we can stay in a big bungalow when we go back to Heaven.

 

Ask yourself these:

Do we ONLY do good cause we want to be blessed by GOD?

 

And, what are we going to do if this good does not bring blessings – DO WE STOP?

 

We should not let the notion of 'doing good' to be blessed by GOD; be the only reason for us to do good deeds to others. The basis and intention that comes by 'doing good', comes from our heart (ref: You must each decide in your heart how much to give); I believed that is what GOD want to see in us -the sincerity of out hearts of doing the act of goodness to others. And, this goodness and trueness of the heart of men will truly be blessed by GOD (ref:don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure).

 

have a blessed day

yechow



check out the rest of the Windows Live™. More than mail–Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox. More than messages

No comments: