Tuesday, 3 March 2009

not my RAINBOW ?


Psalm 77:11-12  
11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
       yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.

 
 12 I will meditate on all your works
       and consider all your mighty deeds.

 
It was a rainy day ... and it has been raining the entire afternoon ... then the rain began to drizzle and it was this time the sun came out .. it sets the sky to have a ochre blueish colour – in my mind there should be a rainbow (thanks to the science lessons in school) ... and it was then i peeped out of the window from my kitchen .. to my surprised .. i saw the traces of the rainbow forming .. there and then i told myself .. i gotta go out and catch a glimpse of it .. i open the front down and took my camera with me .. i did not know why i had such reaction today .. but the occurrence of that rainbow reminded me of GOD's promise ..

 

In Genesis 9:13-15, this was what GOD has promised Noah and the rainbow is a sign of the HIS covenant in the bible;

 

13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.

 
A lot went through my head at that time ? my heart was filled with joy and content at that time .. however, i was also puzzled with the joy and contentment ... because i didn't make any request on that day .. i was searching through every inch of my brain mass but, NONE .. then, i realised then it was not about me .. but, how GOD has come through and show some others with HIS; "YES, I promise !!" and like how HE had the covenant between HIM with Noah ..  and, that was the joy and content i was feeling while looking at the rainbow at that time  =)  HIS 'YES & AMEN' to the people is the source of joy !!  
 
GOD has also reminded me something else – that's to put others first ... others' joy is your joy cause this is the same joy that our FATHER has brought to us ... find and count your blessings daily – as this are GOD's daily gesture of LOVE =)

Ephesians 5:21
21Honor Christ and put others first."
 

Philippians 2:4

4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
 

Mark 10:45 

45For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."


check out the rest of the Windows Live™. More than mail–Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox. More than messages

No comments: